UN Agenda 2030
Goal 13. Climate Action. A sustainable development investment for your Company
Digital business cards, like the Kartha NFC Smartcard, offer a number of environmental benefits that can help protect the environment. An important sustainable part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, it is an action plan in favor of people, the planet and prosperity. It was adopted by the 193 Member States of the United Nations in 2015 and represents a commitment by all countries to work together to achieve 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within 15
Kartha NFC SmartCard meets Commitment 13. Climate Action by decarbonizing the impact of the carbon footprint every time they stop printing a paper business card for a digital SmartCard.
It is estimated that a volume of exhibitors participating in any exhibition in Mexico print an average between 100,000 and 1 million paper business cards each year, according to the volume of exhibiting companies present in different venues in the country.
Therefore, approximately 100 trees would be needed to produce 1 million paper business cards.
Kartha NFC SmartCard raises public awareness about the environmental impact that this causes, which can be a positive generator to obtain an environmental benefit, compensating if these measures were taken:
- NO Printing 1,000,000 paper business cards each semester
- *Avoid cutting down 100 trees to produce 1 million business cards made of 250g/m2 paper measuring 8.5cm x 5.5cm with a thickness of 0.003 inches.
- *It would avoid generating 800,000 pounds of CO2e of greenhouse gases.
- *Avoid using 9,460 cubic meters of water
- *Avoid consuming 95,000 (kWh) kilowatt hours of energy
- It would help mitigate climate change
- *It would help you not lose 1,000 pounds of oxygen per year
- Air quality would improve with these actions
- Would provide better habitat for wildlife
*800,000 pounds of CO2e is equivalent to approximately 360,390,188 kilograms of carbon dioxide (CO2). Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere. Rising carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere are causing global warming.
Trees are an important part of the environment. They are essential for human and animal life and play an important role in mitigating climate change.
(approximate calculations, information obtained by AI Bard 1 experimental )